Thursday, January 15, 2015

Mommy Makeover

"Oh, Rapunzel!! Let down your haaaiiirrrrrr!!!"

That's me. No makeup. Scraggly, flat hair. Nice huh?!
You're welcome. Hey, it's real. I typically don't wear makeup. And I typically don't do a whole lot to my hair.

Time for a mommy makeover! It's inevitable, that after each baby, something's gotta give with the nappy head that I get going on. Breastfeeding makes me shed like a house cat. And a 6 month old tugging on this mess is no bueno.


Of course, I had to do the obligatory Pinterest scour for mom-worthy hairstyles. I'm always hesitant to cut my hair but I know how fast it grows and I mean really.....anything is better than this!

A few of my faves:

http://www.pinterest.com/amandaeller/locks-of-love/

Needed something easy, can look messy, some waves. My hair is thick and can get quite bushy. So I also need layers and texturing.

We jumped right in and started chopping it right off!

I would've donated the hair, but there are so many stipulations for donation and I'm quite certain mine would not qualify. If you want it though, you know, to make your own wig or to weave some sort of freaky art project.....

yeah nevermind.

Then we color. Yes yes. Momma needs a little oomph in that department too. Fresh color always makes you feel a bit more human.
My cute, sassy sista' from the same mista'. She's been doing my hair for like 32 years. First time was when she whacked my bangs off when I was like a year old. It was her destiny. At least one of us has a clue what they want to be when they grow up.

My hair is as moody as a teenager. Seriously, it can't decide if it wants to pull color, turn purple, do absolutely nothing. It has a mind of it's own. We just laugh about it at this point because I think my sister would cry if not. I blame it on the fact that because I'm the golden child, something's gotta be screwed up :P HA HA! Just kidding, sis. mwah.

Getting my curl on....
TA-DAAAAAA!!!


 Hey now.
A little fluffy. A little wave. A lot of blonde. Some brown. Some sass.

Now. To work on getting the braces off and fill these big girl shoes.
Baby steps.
haha. get it?!

BEFORE AND AFTER:

Doesn't even compare. I will miss my long hair but I do NOT miss the worn out look up there. Hopefully the new hair will help me not feel so....blahhhh!!

Cute little pony! Eeek! So short! But sooo much better! 


 Mom's can do stupid faces too.

So there you go.
My new hair. And in a year when I go back to get it done, we'll do something different!

'til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...