Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Endless energy, Boundless strength

Our women's small group has been recently studying the book by Lysa Terkeurst "The Best Yes". This past week the above verse was quoted and immediately my eyes welled with tears.

Oh the energy.
Oh the strength.

.....the energy and strength that just sometimes seems to go missing. There's a thief that sneaks around and steals my last ounce of energy. It sucks the life out of me threatening to reduce me to tears at any given moment.

That's satan, folks. God doesn't want a rushed life for His children that leaves little for Him.

Now I will be the first to admit, life can be quite overwhelming. But, gasp!, how dare we ever complain or feel anything but "BLESSED"?? For some moms, or women period, we feel like unless we are everything to everyone, we've failed. I know I get lost in the rush. I get lost in the yeses. I get lost in the everyday everything all the time non stop. I get caught up in the rat race competition for more money, more stuff, more people-pleasing.

And I'm SO completely and utterly over it.

I need Jesus.
I need peace.
I need calm.
I need my babies and husband.

I just need simplicity. I crave it. I yearn for more presence with my family and less work and time away from them. I need to focus on living my life intentionally. Making "Best Yes Decisions" that impact my family in a positive way, relying on God to work "utterly extravagantly" in my life.

All this time I've been asking "WHAT GOD?!" What will you have me to do?
"HOW GOD?!" How are you going to use "this" for Your glory?
"WHEN GOD?!" When are you going to hear my prayers and......let's be honest, answer them?!

This verse spoke to me and I wasn't prepared for what it had to say...

"Child, I'm here.
Child, be still.
CHILD.... I REALLY DO HAVE THIS AND HAVE YOU UNDER MY WING.
Child, be patient.
Child, this isn't about YOU...this is about ME!"

I used to wonder "why don't I hear the voice of God"? Why can't I discern my heart from His will? I asked all of these questions over and over about my purpose and why I'm where I am and what good is that serving? Surely....surely to GOODNESS, this isn't MY mission field.

Child. Be still.
Child. Be patient.
Child.......LISTEN.

He speaks friend. I heard Him. I heard Him through His word and it was clear.

Thank you Jesus, for clear thoughts.

There's reassurance that living with SOLID TRUST in our Master Jesus has been promised with energy and strength. I take that very literally. God will provide the endurance to get through even the toughest or mundane of times. He'll answer our prayers...in HIS timing. He'll answer my questions of WHAT, HOW, WHEN....in HIS timing. But we are to worship Him. Listen to Him. TRUST IN THE GOD OF GLORY.

I just said yes, to my Father. 
Will you?





1 comment:

  1. So very thankful that God heard my heart for your life even when you were just a little baby. So proud of the woman you are !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...