Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Island de Vides

Let's take a little trip back to 2012.

Before we moved in, the first thing we did was try to tackle the little "Island de Vides"...or Island of Vines.....otherwise known as a big huge patch of weeds that are overtaking the world, one driveway at a time!!!


We have pulled weeds & vines no less than three times since this day. The bad part is that the vines aren't even pretty. No blooms...no redeeming factor. They spread like wildfire!

#killallthevines



Little man worked so hard he tuckered out. Gigi took advantage!

Seriously. I can't get over how much this boy has grown in 2 1/2 years. He's almost to my shoulders at 7  years old. And that little bit of "baby" is almost gone.

Get me a tissue please!!



Do you see all of the vines?

They could give you Jumanji-style nightmares! Relentless little suckers. They pop up shoots clear across the yard. We really need to till up every square inch of this place.


I love a hard-working man. He seriously has put so many long hours transforming this place.

I probably should put the same amount of hours in blogging so that you all can actually SEE what it looks like now.



The sun shines here so beautifully through the trees.
It's most definitely peaceful.
I hope my kids remember the feeling of the sun peering through the branches and leaves. Feeling it beat on their cheeks. I can remember the feeling of my childhood yard. The ripples of the pond below our house. I remember so many little details.
And they are good.
So good.

I pray they carry the same good memories and treasure them for a lifetime.



I absolutely love most, that they are finding "wildlife" around the woods. Becoming such adventurous little guys. It amazes me how this one doesn't seem to have much fear when he's out there. In other situations, he's my more reserved child. But something about him being outside just sets him free.

Makes this momma's heart happy.




That hip.
Oh that hip.
It's of his daddy. And I love every little square inch of him.

And he sure loves his Doc.


But, holy cow who knew what we were getting in to when we moved here. We battle the leaves like nobody's business! The vines are now a little more under control but it takes maintenance for sure. And the turtle, well...he's probably still around, cute little guy!

So much to do when you live in the woods. There is no clean space. I'm dying to turn our Island de Vides into a perfect little spot for a hammock or waterfall. Something fancy....but low maintenance!

Something peaceful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...