Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Snow Days

Yesterday, the weatherman had given a Winter Storm Warning to our county with several inches of snow and ice. Of course, this means we'll get nothing BUT ice and North Carolina will shut down!

The sleet came while I was at the office yesterday afternoon and continually fell late into the night. I didn't even set my alarm this morning because I had a feeling the ice wasn't going anywhere.

This morning around 6:38 my eyes popped open and I was panicking I had overslept. Of course, I was the only one in the house awake.



This sweet little lady was snoozing away....of course! Isn't that the life of a mom?! I could've slept a little longer and couldn't and the baby was fast asleep. But I wouldn't trade that memory for anything!!

I went on downstairs and the boys are always so good about being quiet (until they see me). They were so excited that it snowed ice! L-man proceeded to tell me how I would be jealous that he didn't have to go to school today. Yes son, I am indeed jealous!! I miss snow days!

I told them to look at me and smile...
L-man said "But momma, you can't even tell if I'm smiling! Is Scooby smiling?"
I thought "Oh son....those eyes....yes I know if you are smiling!"
 "Take a 'pick-chur' of my gloves, ma-ma!"

They played longer than I thought they would. It was freezing out there!!

After wet boots and icy pants were left in a puddle at the front door, their first request was hot chocolate with whipped cream!

Making memories here!
About that time, my ride showed up for work (I wasn't driving in this mess!). So off I trudged. The sky was just starting to turn a little blue.

I love when hubs sends me pics of the kids while I'm at work.
 I don't love when hubs sends me pics of my sweet little princess crying :( She's cold daddy!!!!
Ahhhh, that's better!

Look at those cheeks. (I wonder how many times I've said that she since was born?!?)

I love snow days. Just wish I was always home to enjoy them.
Thankful for the time that I was...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...