Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Chores are a Bore: "The Knights of Eller Castle"

The nightly chore for L-man is unloading the dishwasher.



"It's soooo borrrring" he says.
every time.


As a seven year old boy, he probably does just loathe it...after all, I'm taking him away from the beloved computer. But secretly I think he might love it because I gush all over him when he's done! Not to mention that while during, we get to chat while I'm fixing dinner and usually he'll start helping me once he's done.

Whether he hates it or loves it is beyond me.

But this wouldn't have happened if he didn't have this chore.....


 
 "Sworrrrrrrd fiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!" 

Part of me wants to duck and hide and apologize for the mess.
But the mess is real.
It's us.

And let's face it. We probably need to be more real every now and then for the sake of all other "real moms" out there.

So you're welcome!






They can sword fight any day while I cook supper.

After all. Cooking supper can sometimes be "soooo borrrring"!
But when it involves moments like this....I do secretly love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...